Plating is an art, and when a course is served on the table, it is important to take care of it. In particular, food style and luxury offerings can help parents and grandparents with the age-old question: vegetables and children. It is known that the little ones of the house prefer to eat sweets, chips and fatty or sugary foods, but to ensure their balanced nutrition, vegetables should find their place on the table. One way to introduce children to vegetables is to involve them in making a recipe using the two main ingredients of the game. creativity.
Kids and vegetables because they matter
Despite awareness raising, children do not like to eat there vegetables, is a food that should always be in their daily lives. The advantages of the intake are important for well-being, because it is not only a source of vitamins and mineral salts, but also a barrier against them. free radicals. They also help with bowel regularity and prevent obesity.
Despite the theories of the past, it is necessary for children to play with food, especially fruits and vegetables. It offers undeniable health benefits starting from sensory stimulationwhich increases their desire to know and helps in proper cognitive development. Touch the vegetable stimulates their interests and encourages them to experiment with new tastes. Vegetables are perfect for this type joint activitytherefore, it is important to involve them both in the preparation process, as well as in cooking and serving.
Vegetable recipes for adults and children
Creativity and imagination are the two main ingredients to be dosed as desired when preparing meals and vegetable-based dishes. Grandparents know the resistance of their grandchildren, so it is important to involve them in preparing the healthiest meals. play with food in a stimulating manner and transforming vegetables into greedy and tempting offerings in the most amusing forms. You can also rename the same dishes with suggestive names and titles, such as alligator soup or sunscreen. Below are some suggestions.
- Pea frog: a very quick idea to offer vegetables to little ones. Peas are boiled as usual, arranged on a plate to form the shape of a frog: make a semi-circle as a base covered with two small semi-circles for eyes. For the eyes, two slices of cucumber and two black olives are used to simulate the pupils, and for the mouth, a strip of tomato can be used. Finally, you can cut a thin slice, getting a crown or bow to be placed between the eyes.
- Baked vegetable chips: All kids love chips and making them with vegetables will be child’s play. Just take carrots, beets, potatoes, zucchini, peel and slice them. Arrange them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, sprinkle with oil, a little salt, a pinch of dill and rosemary. Bake at 150 degrees for about 20 minutes and serve hot with your favorite sauces.
- Mashed vegetables with stars: boil a carrot, a potato, a pumpkin, a few pieces of celery, tomatoes and broccoli. Add a few slices of onion and a little salt and when cooked, mix everything perfectly and pour it into a large deep bowl. You can make stars using different sized molds with sliced ham or cheese. Put everything in the past and complete with a half moon.
- Seedlings and the sun: all-time classics or vegetables transformed into a landscape. It starts by creating a base with rice or barley and then creating seedlings. For these, you can use previously cooked cauliflower or broccoli florets or asparagus. You can then make flowers by rolling thin tomato slices, always cut with a mandoline. You can create elegant clouds with rice or cheese, and the sun can be achieved by shaping lemons or carrots.
- Lasagna with pumpkin and vegetables: easy to prepare and cook, just peel the courgettes by removing the ends and then slice them lengthwise with a mandoline. After obtaining thin strips, place them in a rectangular dish lined with baking paper. Place the first layer and cover with two tablespoons of tomato and basil sauce or light meat sauce. Continue alternating layers in this way and sprinkle with a little grated cheese. Finish with the last layer of sauce and cheese, add a little oil. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Mini veggie burger: Perfect for little ones who love burgers and fries. Cut the main skin into small cubes and steam 2 potatoes, 2 pumpkins, 2 carrots, a handful of peas and an onion. Crush it all or grind it with a mixer if you want, mix it with grated cheese and breadcrumbs and get a homogeneous but not too dry mixture. Season with salt, a pinch of pepper and a few drops of lemon. Form the burgers with the help of a round mold or a pastry cutter and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the breadcrumbs, a drizzle of oil and the burgers in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Alternatively, it can be made with broccoli and cauliflower.